Clinton Wellness Project
January 26, 2015: Johnny Foster guided the organic planting of the 20 fruit trees planted (by the City of Palm Springs in cooperation with the Clinton Wellness Project) in this economically disadvantaged community. Estelle helped register 200 volunteers… Pooka the dog brought joy to all…
Welcome to Transition to Organics CV. We are dedicated to creating healthier and safer communities via education, information and hands-on interactive programs. Transition to Organics is under the auspices of the charitable and educational Blackbird Foundation, a non-profit 501(C)3 organization.
We provide support designed to raise the quality of health for all members of our diverse communities. Positive changes are occurring through partnering with agencies, community groups, municipalities and jurisdictions.
Here are some of the things that we are accomplishing now to effect positive change:
- Providing Information and Education by Publications, Presentations and Workshops.
- Creating Organic School Gardens Across the Valley.
- Giving Public “Grow Your Own Backyard Garden” Workshops.
- Giving Inter Active Presentations at the Palm Desert Horticultural Society, Valley Garden Clubs, Desert Cities Woman’s Show, Teacher, Parent and Child Workshops.
- Partnering with the Palm Springs Unified School District, City of Palm Springs, City of Palm Desert, Palm Springs Public Library, and the Desert Hot Springs Committee to Create Community Gardens.
- Publishing and Distributing Informative Bi-lingual Guides on Safer Alternatives to Toxic Chemicals. The Guides are distributed free of charge to the public in Coachella, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara and Ojai.
- Participating with the San Bernardino County Health Dept. Programs.
- Supporting The Certified Farmer’s Markets and the HEAL Net Programs.
- Regularly Contributing to the Going Organic Magazine and to the Palm Springs City’s Environmental Movie Programs.
- Utilizing TV and Radio Shows to Promote Healthy Choices.
TTO is doing our work for us! Your participation is vital in order to continue these programs. We are so very appreciative and grateful for your tax-deductible donations.
Or you can send your tax-deductible donation, check payable to “Blackbird Foundation”, with notation: “for TTO CV”. Please mail check to:
Transition to Organics CV
2145 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way #4-246
Palm Springs, CA 92262
If You Know of a Group That Would Benefit From a Sustainable Living Presentation, kindly call us at 760 325-3746
To Your Good Health,
Estelle Foster, Co-Executive Director
Transition to Organics CV.
2145 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way #4-246
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262
Estelle and Johnny Foster are leading the way in promoting healthy, sustainable practices in the Coachella Valley. Estelle Foster is the Publisher of the Going Organic Magazine: www.goingorganicmagazine.com. Johnny Foster holds a California State Teaching Credential and is an Organic Horticulturist and Consultant.
June 3rd, 2013
Dinner & a Movie at Greens Cafe!
Please join us for Dinner and a Movie, tonight, Monday, June 3rd, 5:30 PM at Palm Greens Cafe,
611 S. Palm Canyon, Palm Springs.
Donation of $15 includes a movie and dinner with a choice of any one of four menu items.
Part of your donation goes to the charity “Transition to Organics.”
There is limited seating, come early, no RSVP.
The movie is “One Man, One Cow, One Planet” narrated by Peter Coyote.
See you there!
Estelle and Johnny Foster